Saturday, January 29, 2011

Conclusion

Now, I am much more confident when I talk to my tutors or answer their questions. Moreover, the trip helps a lot in my part time job. I work as a customer service assistant in the airport. I am now able to give directions in English more fluently to the tourists in airport and communicate with them more effectively.

I use different expressions learned in the trip when I talk to fiends. I also explained to them the different expressions of Hong Kong and Australian English.

When I have new friends from Australia, I will be mindful of the Aussie etiquette and avoid asking him questions about money such as how much he makes.

When I come back to Hong Kong, I share the experience in Australia with my friends. I explain the differences in dining habits using the example that I observe in the Chinese restaurant in China Town. Aussie has own ways to enjoy dim sum. On the other hand, I also tell them the shops there close early compared to Hong Kong. Some of them even close on holidays. Australia has much slower pace of life compared to Hong Kong.



Aims
Achieved?
1. To communicate effectively in English in real life situations, especially when interacting with native English speakers in a foreign country.
2. To identify the expressions used in different situations, e.g. when engaged in social situations, or official visits, when interviewing locals etc.
3. To act appropriately when interacting with locals and the people you will meet when engaged in visits, data collection etc.
4. To describe some of the differences of the daily life habits / culture of the community / country of destination and those of Hong Kong and demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the diversity of values of different cultures of different peoples/ countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment